Public Relations Supervisor
i.d.e.a. is hiring a PR Supervisor!
We are currently looking for a Public Relations Supervisor with 7-9 years solid PR experience and a focus in consumer business media relations. The ideal candidate will have a history of successful, long-term client management, recent media coverage in high-profile national consumer outlets, history of courageous idea execution and proven leadership skills.
• Serve as the primary client contact and manager of the client relationship, providing leadership, solid counsel and overall shepherding of the relationship
• Maintain a strategic view of clients’ business and set key performance indicators for accounts that align with client business goals
• Oversee the account team and monitor progress on assigned projects to ensure execution of day-to-day client activities
• Write and edit PR plans, press releases, pitches, press kit materials, etc.
• Brainstorm creative, PR-worthy events, campaigns and promotions
• Set high standards for ideas, campaigns and results
• Pitch and maintain relationships with top-tier media at the national level
• Serve as an industry expert that consistently monitors news trends relevant to i.d.e.a., clients and competitors
• Utilize social media to engage with influencers and provide industry thought leadership
• Participate and lend expertise to new business development
• Help manage hours allocation and team member utilization
• Mentor junior staff and collaborate with other i.d.e.a. disciplines
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or closely related field
• A minimum of 7-9 years’ experience in public relations field. Agency experience preferred.
• National consumer business media pitching experience with recent demonstrated results and media references
• Ability to address client communication and issues thoughtfully and effectively
• Superior writing, communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of digital and social media activations, and how to utilize these platforms for public relations purposes
• Previous experience supervising and mentoring junior staff
Our Company is committed to attracting and retaining the best qualified individuals and promotes equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.